Last week I decided to come up with something more fallish to put up on my mantle - over the summer I just had a twine & paper bunting hung up which was cute, but I wanted something a little more permanent this time. So I dug through my box of scraps and I had a whole bunch of burlap & bits of lace left from another project - and this little bunting is what came out of my experimenting!
All I did was cut a length of ribbon for the base and then I cut & laid out triangles of burlap & short lengths of lace. After everything was laid out the way I wanted, I pinned the pieces & sewed them in place! That's it!
Definitely not the best photo, but here's what it looks like over the fireplace!